Hello and Welcome to Outwood Primary School’s Website
Our school is an inclusive one. We have pupils from all backgrounds and take a real pride in providing an education that is tailored to the individual child’s specific needs. Our motto ‘Where every Child is recognised as being unique’ is practiced in every aspect of school life.
All children are encouraged to fulfil their full potential. Our children are challenged and encouraged to develop their talents whilst those who need support are guaranteed a helping hand, through sensitive, individually targeted support allowing them to achieve and prosper in a stimulating caring environment.
- To recognise every child as a unique learner
- To develop a passion for learning and value our own and others achievements
- to ensure education enables children to respond positively to the opportunities and challenges of the rapidly changing world
- To ensure Outwood Primary School is an inclusive and safe community that celebrates differences and removes barriers to learning
- To recognise and support children in developing their full potential through a child led curriculum and inspirational teaching
- To ensure high expectations of behaviour, thereby fostering a respect and tolerance of different beliefs, cultures and practices
We genuinely care about each other and every one of the children here – that’s what we hope you’ll notice from the minute you step through the doors. It’s a warm atmosphere – a home from home!
If you are visiting our website for the first time you are in no doubt in the midst of that all important decision – which primary school to choose for your son or daughter. It’s a difficult decision and will no doubt involve a bit of research, chatting to other parents/carers and reviewing information on websites such as this.
We’d like to help you as much as possible to make your decision an easy one. You can visit our school whenever you wish, chat to me in person and have a look around our classrooms. Please call the school on 0161 – 437 – 1715 to arrange a visit.
Many thanks for visiting the website. If you have any questions that aren’t answered in these pages, don’t hesitate to give me a call.
Mrs Jenni Maude